Ok... I am going to start with some new pictures over the last month or so. The first ones were taken this morning and then they go back from there.
The last few months have gone by so unbelievably quickly. The girls are really starting to come into their own and are sprouting beautiful and fun personalities. We have entered new stages of development both physically and mentally. All three girls are doing great in terms of their physical development. Nobody is rolling over yet, but all three do great with tummy time and head control. I think rolling is right around the corner, especially for Reese and Maizie. They are definitely a little stronger, but due to Charlie's small size, they actually think that she will be the first to move around. She loves to pull her legs up under her belly when down for tummy time and when she kicks them out again, she shimmies forward.
As for toys, we are now the proud owners(borrowers) of three exersaucers! Ok, now we have to stuff little blankets around them bc they don't fill up the holes, but they really like to be in them and look at all the toys. They are all just starting to learn to grab onto toys. Charlie is the best at it. She is our thinker and is the best at using her hand/eye coordination. Reese and Maizie are not far behind.
Bath time has become more fun... well for most of us. Charlie is still not on board with bathing. She screams when she first goes in the tub, but then slowly gets used to it and calms down. I started taking her in the bath with me and she quite fancies that, so I think we will do that once a week. The splashing noises are starting to catch their attention. It will be fun once they can sit up in the tub and play with eachother! Of course, I'm not rushing things. :)
We are in the middle of a sleep schedule transition, but it is heading in the right direction. A few weeks ago they started sleeping through the night a few times a week. Our pediatrician said it was fine to let them go, so we have pretty much stopped the overnight feed. There are still times when they will wake up, but they usually go back down without much of a fight. We definitely have rough nights occasionally when they take turns waking up at different times, but in general, we are all getting much more sleep. The girls go down around 7:30-8p and get up around 6:30a, with 2-3 naps throughout the day. It's pretty great.
The new sleeping schedule makes it so we are only feeding them four times a day. Reese and Maizie are eating 7oz at each feeding and Charlie is eating about 6oz. Charlie is still having some spit-up issues, but she seems to be keeping enough down to gain an acceptable amount of weight. On that note, below are their stats for their 4 month wellness appointment. The % listed is comparing them to babies born full term! So, needless to say, they are doing just fine... even our little Charlie. For being 7 weeks early, our doc says some premies aren't even on the chart!
Charlie: 23" long, weighing 10.75 lbs. She is 25% for height and 5-10% for weight
Reese: 24.5" long, weighing 14.4 lbs. She is 75% for height and 75% for weight.
Maizie: 23.5" long, weighing 14.3 lbs. She is 50% for height and 75% for weight.
We have taken some great trips lately. Getting out of the house is always a lot of work, but it has really been enjoyable and we are happy to get the girls out there to experience all that they can. We have been to Newburyport to visit my family, Winchendon to visit Nathan's family and MDI to visit our buddies. We have had a wonderful Spring in terms of weather, thus allowing us to get outside a LOT! With our new triple stroller, we can go anywhere!
Oh, and I guess I shouldn't forget to mention that I am back at work. :( It's really hard to be away from the girls, but I know it's good for me. I work three long days a week and every third Saturday. We have a wonderful nanny who comes to the house to watch the girls three days a week, I watch them two days a week, and Nathan gets Daddy-Daughter time with them every evening before I get home and every third Saturday when I work. So far it has really worked out well. I love my days with them, even if it is more exhausting than going to work. :) (Did I just say 'work' a million times in that paragraph? oh well, too tired to fix it.)
I am not going to promise that I will be better at blogging because I am tired of breaking that promise. Know that I will try. I hope everyone is having a great Spring!! We sure are!!
Lots of love, Nellie

No comments:
Post a Comment