Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 8, 2010

And then there were two...

It's kind of hard to transition from my last post to this one, but now is when I have the time to catch everyone up on the goings on here at the Savage Compound, so I must take the opportunity to do so. By now we have all three girls home, but I wanted to dedicate a post to Reese's arrival since all must be fair in the Savage world (I am trying to avoid meltdown drama in 13 years when the girls are reading this blog for themselves!)

After 24 hours of experiencing the life of a
singleton parent with Charlie on New Year's Eve, we welcomed Reese home on New Year's Day. I can't think of a better way to start the new decade. Once again we were saddened to be leaving Maizie at the hospital, but we were somewhat relieved to know we had a few days to try our hand at two babies before the third came home to complete
the trifecta.

I have to say, two really wasn't much harder than one. Due to the fact that the girls are only 36 weeks along in gestational age, they are pretty mellow. We have kept them on the NICU schedule where they get changed and fed every 3 hours, 24 hours a day. In between feedings, they sleep. We may get 15 minutes of awake
time where they look around for a bit, but otherwise it's quiet around here. We are trying to enjoy this time, because I am sure at some point they will stay awake longer and find their voices.

For now, we enjoy the bliss that is life these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment