Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 8, 2010

Finally...our Family is complete!

We are happy to report that as of two days ago, Miss Maizie graduated from the CCN and we now have all three girls at home. Maizie, like her sisters, excelled in her progression in the CCN and was home much faster than anyone(except her parents) predicted. It is an amazing feeling to finally be at home with our babies and not have to go to the hospital every day.

Life with three babies is... well... I'm not really sure how to explain it. I can't really say what it's like compared to having only one because other than the first 24 hours when Charlotte was home, I have no idea what it's like to have one baby. We do a lot of bottle
feeding, napping, snuggling, swinging, pumping, and staring at our gorgeous girls! It's amazing how fast the day can go by doing these simple tasks... and as I sit here trying to write this post, it's amazing how tiring these simple tasks can be. If I don't get this done in a matter of a few minutes, I'm going to fall asleep and not get it posted until tomorrow. (This indeed happened and I am finishing this Sunday morning). Below are the highlights of the week...

Mom and Porter came into town just in the nick of time
(the day/night before Maizie came home). Not only did they help with feeding babies
and offer lots of quality nuzzle time with the
girls, they made a project list for around the house and worked their butts off!! Our garage is now spotless and the downstairs "guest room" is fit for a king/queen!! I
can't thank them enough for all their hard work.

We had our first pediatrician appointment Thursday. We really like the girls' doctor. He is young and very laid back. It was cute to
see everyone in the office so excited about our babies. I, of course, was somewhat paranoid and wanted minimal contact with the public. Their doctor found them to be totally healthy, and luckily the girls didn't need any vaccinations on their first visit. Their weights are as follows... Charlie and Reese are both 5 lbs even and Maizie is 4 lbs 12 oz (1/4 lb behind her sisters). They are growing like weeds!!

We finally had tubby time yesterday. That was quite a project, getting them all three in the tub
and cleaned up before the water cooled down. Other than that, I can't think of anything else big that has gone down in the last week.

Oh! Except the fact that after such a short time at home, we have been able to cut out one of the night feedings. These girls are over achievers and like their sleep!! Instead of feeding every three hours during both the day and night, we are now able to feed every three during the day and get a few four hour stretches at night. It's pretty great!

I'm sure that this posting was all over the place and I apologize for that. I know that really you all just want to see pictures. :) We have taken about 10,000 pictures because they are so cute all the time! I picked out a choice few to share with you.

love, Nellie

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nellie and Nate! Glad to see everyone is happy and healthy at home. What adorable photos...thanks so much for the posts. Also, I'm so sorry to hear about Jack. I'll never forget how good he was at hiding that testicle. What a clever guy he was! You guys take care and enjoy those girlies!
    Love,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete