For the holiday this year, we went to MDI for our annual family gathering. It is always so nice to see my mom, stepdad and my brothers with their families, especially at such a wonderful place like Reath Rock. The girls did amazingly well on this trip! We had a huge cocktail party with all our closest friends from up in the area, we had lots of cousins running around, we had a baby viewing at my mom's summer house for all her friends, walks through town and a trip to the swimming pool. It was a wonderful kick-off to the summer! Thanks Mom!
Riri, A'yen, and the girls at meal time
Porter, A'yen w/ Reese, Nathan w/ Charlie, and Nellie w/ Maizie
A'yen/Reese and Nathan/Charlie at Docksider for a crab roll!
RiRi and Maizie have lunch
RiRi and Maizie have a nap
Charlie and Maizie on Pop pop's lap
Nancy and Reese on the deck
Another pic of the cousins
Sam with Reese, Teddy with Maizie, Jay with Charlie
Dad and Maizie
Chilling in the pool with Elsie and their new boyfriend Ollie
The Savages take on the swim club pool!
The Savagemobile, fully loaded
So, that was our trip. The best 4th of July celebration yet!! I would like to finish this post by paying tribute to my dear grandmother, Moonie, who passed away last week. She left this world with the same grace that she lived her life. Reath Rock is a place where I spent uncountable hours with her and my grandfather throughout my childhood and adult years. They were two of the most special people that ever entered my life and there is a hole where they once were. I was blessed enough to be named for her and that is something that I will cherish forever. I hope that I can be true to her name and affect people in the positive way that she always did. How amazing that we have places like Reath Rock that is full of memories that ease the pain of their absence. She would have really gotten a kick out of seeing my girls up there. I hope she was watching from above.
I love you Moonie and I miss you very much...

oh nellie bear- you made me cry- again- love mOm
ReplyDelete