Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jackman 2010!!!!

The much anticipated trip to Jackman was as amazing as we could have hoped.  Many might think we were crazy to take three 8 month old babies to the lake camp in the deep woods of Maine for 10 days, but we couldn't have been more excited.  I really don't have the words to describe how special it was to introduce my daughters to such a magical place.  They absolutely loved it!!  They spent pretty much all day outside, took a few dips in the lake, bathed in the wash basins, and slept more than they ever have (and they are already great sleepers!)  The arrival was one of the best parts.  After a three hour drive, we woke them up out of their car seats, squeezed them into their life jackets for the first time and took them into the boat to travel to upper camp.  Not once were they scared or cranky, they were just in total awe, as most people are the first time they see camp.  It only got better from there.  I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story...

Porter, Maizie and Charlie

The Savage Family arrives!

Reese is loving the boat ride!

Yippee!!!

Swinging in front of the kitchen camp

Dad and the girls on the deck

Mom and Reese take a swim

Charlie playing in the sun...

...and cooling off in the water.

Not a bad view for a play area!

Sisters

Is this the cutest?

Or maybe this...

Maizie and Joy

Charlie having a good time in the swing

A fireside chat between sisters

Thanks Auntie Ellen for our cozy hats and sweaters!!

Our first annual Savage Family photo

So, there you have it.  Pretty cool, huh?  I just want to say thank you to my husband for sharing this with me. Our first night up there, we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary and I can't imagine a better place to celebrate...especially since that is where we spent our honeymoon.  I love you honey!!

I also want to thank Porter, Joy, Nate, Tegan and Jason for spending the week with us.  We definitely could not have done it without you.  I hope you are ready for next year!!  It was also great to see Willy, Nan and the boys at the end of our week.  It's exciting to imagine how much fun our kids will have together in a few years!

We are now home and back to the daily grind... already looking forward to next year!!!!

PS-Stay tuned for the girls 8 month update. I'll try to get it done this week!





2 comments:

  1. great journal and photos- Sid and I were so happy to get in a few days w/ the troop. xo Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie,

    If we could find a way to harness all of that happiness we'd have world peace in our time.

    Affectionate best,

    Dennis C.

    ReplyDelete