Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How time flies...

Believe it or not, 10 months has come and gone!  I know it's been a while since I have updated, but it's amazing how much the girls have changed in that short amount of time.  Every single day, these wonderful babies get more and more amazing.  I don't think my heart could get any more full of love for my daughters. It is an amazing feeling.  My favorite part is that all three of them are total snugglers. They love to be hugged and kissed and they have giggles that could (and do) make anybody smile.  Not only are they changing physically, but they are also really coming into their own personalities and starting to interact with each other and with us.

Some general comments about all the girls... They are all crawling around, sitting up, pulling themselves up on everything and eating tons of new and exciting foods.  Although we were good about slow introduction to new foods when they first started eating, at this point we are pretty much throwing everything at them.  They will eat whatever we are eating and more.  It's pretty fun to make food for them.  We try to eat together as a family once in a while at the kitchen table, but it's hard to get us to eat that early.  I am pretty happy that we have been able to make all their own food for them.  I will have to admit, however, that it would be a lot harder if I didn't have the best nanny in the world. Jenn loves to cook and has made some really fun stuff out of this cookbook that we got.  The girls have enjoyed broccoli risotto, squash and quinoa, and cauliflower and tomato gratin, just to name a few.  So far they are great eaters, although Charlie seems to have a texture issue with some foods.

Sleeping is still at 11-12 hours a night and 3-4 hours of naps during the day.  We have occasional wake-ups in the middle of the night, and don't think I don't scoop up whoever needs comforting and bring her right into bed.  I have made sure that I don't do it too often because I don't want it to become a habit, but man, there is nothing better than snuggling with a little munchkin under the covers. They are all so snuggly and I am so grateful for that.  Each and every day I see new changes in them and although I know I will miss these days, I can't wait to see who they will become.  Anyway... below are a few pics and some individual info about the girls.

Charlie...



 

 

 

 




Charlie is still our little peanut.  She is weighing in at 16lb 7oz and is 28 inches long (only 1/2 inch behind her sisters).  She is at 50% for height and only about 20% for weight. She is definitely our pickiest eater, which I guess goes along with her slim figure. I will say, however, that I have found that it's not that she doesn't want the food, she just wants to feed it to herself.  Miss Independent, for sure.  Charlie is definitely the chattiest of the bunch.  We can hear her chatting to herself and others from all rooms in the house.  She surely has some things to say and some day, I'm sure we are going to hear all about it.  She is also our fastest mover.  Her form is more like the army crawl but she can go places!! It seems as though her spitting is finally slowing down, which is so nice for us and for her.  She is surely our explorer and LOVES escaping to the kitchen floor.

Although she was the last to be able to do so, Charlie can now sit up on her own.  It is so cute to walk in their room after they have been sleeping and find Charlie sitting up in her bed, playing with her bunny, talking to whoever will listen.  In this respect, Charlie is very independent, however, she is also a very sensitive little girl.  She is getting better, but for the longest time, any falls, bumps, stolen toys, etc would cause her to get very upset and she wanted to be picked up.  She is definitely tougher now, thank goodness because this crawling thing exposes her to many more bumps and bruises.  Charlie doesn't have any teeth yet but I am not in any rush for that to happen with her.

Reese...











Reese is our thinker.  She has the best laugh of the group, but you definitely have to get it out of her. Not that it is that hard, but she often has a serious look on her face.  She is probably the quietest of the three, except for one thing... she LOVES to scream!! Top of her lungs screams!  It's not that she is mad or upset or any feeling in particular, she is just exploring her voice.  Thank goodness the other ladies haven't caught on!  Reese and Maizie both began crawling around the same time.  Reese is the best at actually coming over to you when you ask her to.  I love sitting in the play room and asking her to come to me and she excitedly does so.  So fun!!  Lastly, Reese is our best eater. I don't think she has turned away one thing that we have given her.  That's why she is the biggest girl, weighing in at 21 lb 6oz and 28 1/2 inches long. She is 50-75% for height and 75-90% for weight. She also has lots of teeth to help her out.  She has two bottom teeth and about 4-6 top teeth all coming in at different stages.  She is being so brave... thank goodness.

Reese is the first baby that got to have extended time alone with mom. Last month I had to fly to Philly for my Moonie's funeral and I had the joy of taking Reese along with me. It was so amazing to have only one baby!!  No offense to you moms of singletons, but holy moly it was so easy!! haha.  We had an amazing weekend of bonding and I look forward to having similar weekends with my other two cuties soon.  


Maizie...
 
 

 


 

 


Maizie is definitely the class clown.  She almost always has a smile on her face, or some funny looking face as seen above.  She is also pretty vocal these days with the mamamamama and dadadadada. It will be nice when she knows what those syllables mean. :)  She also makes lots of interesting noises, which are the reason for her Halloween costume.  Can't fill you in on that now, it's a surprise! Maizie is probably the most advanced at moving around.  She was the first to stand up with help from the furniture.  I bet she will be walking in the next few months.  Maizie is also a very good eater. She has her two bottom teeth and a bunch of upper incisors coming in. She is about one week behind Reese in terms of teeth breaking through.  She is weighing in at 21 lb 6oz and is 28 1/2" in length. She is about 50-75% for both height and weight.

Maizie has been a bit of a challenge lately in terms of night time sleeping.  She is waking up at different times of the night crying. The paci doesn't help, just time... and often coming to bed with us.  After being scolded by our pediatrician today, I know I need to make her stay in her crib, it's just hard.  Luckily, Charlie and Reese sleep right through the wake-ups.  Hopefully this is just a phase that she will get through. We have been very lucky to have good sleepers and a few bumps in the road are to be expected.

So, that's the update. Man, life is just so busy!! I started this post a month ago and it took me that long to get it all out.  I had to change a bunch of stuff I had written last month because so much had changed.  I will leave you with one of my favorite photos taken this Summer.  It's the girls and their cousin Honor (Fran's daughter).  We had such fun with her in Maine and Philly.  

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. wow!! honey- this is an amazing effort- so well written and so much love shows through. Good for you for taking time to do this. love you much, mama

    ReplyDelete