Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

13 weeks- Say hello to the second trimester!!!

Holy Moly, the first trimester is through!! I am pretty sure that means that the trio have graduated from embryos to fetuses. Of course, they have been fetuses to us ever since they starting looking human. So far so good on this first day of my second trimester. Our spirits have definitely improved from last week and we are able to start thinking more into the future. Thoughts of nursery, mini-vans, car seats, etc are a bit overwhelming but so fun to think about. I can't wait until we get to find out the genders!! I normally would never have found out with just a singleton pregnancy, but in our present situation we need to avoid all surprises. Our next ultrasound is next Friday, August 6th. I will be about 14 1/2 weeks, so there is a chance they will be able to tell, but I bet we will have to wait another two weeks after that. Anyway, hope you are all doing well. Below is the 13th week update from babycenter.com. Three little shrimp!!

How your baby's growing:

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

2 comments:

  1. Hey N & N,
    Fantastic news. Fran had a sonogram on Monday but the little critter kept it's privates out of view, so no gender ruling. Tonight she called while I was watching Burn Notice (he reminds me of Porter) to say that the Ob Gyn doc thinks its an 80% chance of a girl. Thinking of you every day.
    xo
    H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got back from our kayaking trip and wanted to check in --we've been thinking about you two (you 5?) a lot. So glad to hear that things are looking up. love, Ellen and Craig

    ReplyDelete