Oops, I forgot to post the 9 week update. I will post it below. Otherwise, things are still going well. We are in the middle of a little confusion with which doctors we are seeing and when we are seeing them. I am a little bit of a worrier and would like to see the Maternal-Fetal medicine (MFM) specialists as soon as possible, but as of right now, I'm not scheduled to see them until July 27th. I saw my OB on Monday after the second ultrasound. I wasn't exactly pleased with the information she gave me, which was pretty much nothing. She really had no advice on nutrition, good references, etc. It's was like, ok- you're having triplets, congratultions, we'll see you next time. That's not really what I was looking for. I think it's pretty important for a first time mother to have some guidance, ESPECIALLY with three babies inside me!! Hopefully I will be in touch with the MFM people early next week so I can get in to see them.
Still working on scanning the ultrasound images so I can post them here. Below is the 9 week update.
How your baby's growing:Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.
Until next time...
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment