Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

31 weeks...sorry it's late!

Hey everyone...

So, I have been lazy this week and am a few days late on my update for our 31st week. I didn't want to leave any of you hanging that check the site regularly or make anyone worry that something was wrong...it's just that I am tired and uncomfortable and didn't feel like doing it. I am going to try to muster up the energy to get it done today, but no pictures of me this week. Sorry.

It's been a pretty uneventful week in terms of the babies. They are doing great! No trips to the hospital or concerns in that way. I am DEFINITELY swollen and uncomfortable all the time now. My feet are about the ugliest thing I have ever seen, but we try to keep the mood light around here and just make funny jokes about them. Let's just say the word "cankles" doesn't really do them justice. They look a little better now that they have been pampered. Joy and I went and had mani/pedis yesterday and it was the BEST!! I would have paid just to have the foot massage that came along with it. So relaxing. It's been great having Joy here this week. She has taken away the boredom and has been so helpful around the house. I will be sad to see her go home tomorrow.

Oh right! And I guess I shouldn't forget to tell you a little bit about our Thanksgiving. I have to
say, that although it was different being without any family or friends, Nathan and I truly had a wonderful holiday. Nathan got out of work Wednesday at noon and we had 4.5 days together at home which was just what we needed. On Thanksgiving day we went all out and made a full turkey dinner... turkey, stuffing, cranberry, garlic mashed potatoes, pea puree and the best gravy that I have ever made! We sat by candlelight and had a huge feast, but not before expressing our Thanks for all that has transpired in the last year. We spent most of dinner talking about how only a year ago we were faced with some very difficult news that we may not even be able to have babies and here we are have three of them at once! It has been an unbelievable experience and we are thankful for everything and everyone that has taken part in our journey. We can't wait to meet our three precious girls!

Speaking of the girls, our ultrasound went well this week. No growth measurements were taken(every other week), but they all were moving around, had heart rates all in the 140's, had great fluid levels and cord dopplers and did their practice breathing. Baby B was a little slow with the practice breathing. She just wasn't feeling up for it I guess. For a moment, I was a little concerned because the tech said that they might want to put me on a monitor to see if she was ok, but instead I just went into my office visit, ate a protein bar and then came back to the ultrasound. At that time, she was practice breathing just like her sisters. I guess she just needed a little snack. The docs reassured me that it was totally normal and I shouldn't be concerned, especially since she looks great in every other way.

So, that's about it. We will have our next ultrasound on Tuesday and will get weights on them. They should at that point be approaching 4 pounds, but may not be quite there yet. Hope everyone had a great holiday! Love you lots...

Nellie

How your baby's growing:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.


1 comment: