Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Could it be? 32 weeks?

Well, here we are at 32 weeks. Yesterday marked the time point that is the average gestation for triplet pregnancies. I can't believe how far we've come. Every day after today puts us above average! Again, not much to report in terms of change. I continue to get more uncomfortable and sleep is hard to come by, but it is totally manageable, especially knowing how close we are to meeting our girls!! I am pretty much house-bound unless I have to leave for ultrasounds/doctors appointments. That's not due to doctor's orders but because my body just can't take it and I am learning how to read my body better.

Nathan and I got a tour of the NICU yesterday from one of the social workers at Maine Med. It is an absolutely gorgeous floor, which makes sense since it's only been open for about a year. Each baby gets her own room, although there are a few rooms that connect via a sliding door. The separation of rooms, as opposed to one big room for all NICU babies, is nice because it cuts down on noise and disease transmission. The down side is that we can't be with all three babies at once. All the nurses there were so nice and excited to see a brewing mother of triplets. They were impressed that I had made it to 32 weeks and said they hoped they wouldn't see me for another few weeks. As nice as that place was, it makes me realize how important it is for me to take good care of myself so that the girls stay inside me longer and don't have to be in the NICU too long. So far, so good on that front.

As for the baby update, I actually ended up having my ultrasound Monday instead of yesterday.
I got a little concerned because it seemed to me that I wasn't feeling a lot of movement on the right side of my belly, which is where baby B is supposed to be located. I have always had a harder time finding her by pressing on my belly, but it just seemed to be even harder. Baby A and C are pretty clearly located and I know when they are moving, so they don't cause me any concern. I think the other reason I get worried about B is because she is the one who has had issues in the past, so I am hyper-aware of her presence and wellbeing. I called my nurses yesterday morning and they said if there was ANY chance that I had decreased movement with one of the babies, that I should come in right away. Well, I went right in and thank goodness everything was fine. They explained that the reason I can't feel baby B as well is because baby C's placenta acts as a buffer between her and my belly wall. She also has her head buried down deep and part of her body lies underneath baby C's. She is pretty squished in there!! At any rate, her heart rate was great, she was moving throughout the ultrasound, and she was practice breathing just like her sisters the whole time. So, no worries there!

The other two girls also checked out ok. We didn't quite hit the 4 lb mark, but we are close! Their stats are below.

Baby A... Heart rate 149, Fluid levels normal, FWA 8/8, weighing in at 3 lb 11oz (38th%)
Baby B... Heart rate 148, Fluid levels normal, FWA 8/8, weighing in at 3 lb 13oz (42nd%)
Baby C... Heart rate 144, Fluid levels normal, FWA 8/8, weighing in at 3 lb 15oz (46th%)


Here is a new pic of the super pregnant mamma(I took them myself) and the baby center update. Keep checking in frequently, as it's only a matter of time before things start to happen over here! Of course, no promises that I will be able to actually update the blog, but hopefully the whole thing will be nice and controlled.

How your baby's growing:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment