I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. Nathan and I
had a
wonderful three days full of work, play, and relaxation (although not as much of that as we would have liked). Thanks to much hard work from Nathan and a little help from me when able, the nursery is cleared out, painted, cleaned, shelves finished, and crib put together and cleaned (Thanks Willy and Nan!). I can't help but to keep walking in there and it just makes me smile. I can't wait to fill it up with our three little munchkins!!
On the baby stuff front, we made good headway this weekend as well. We happened to stop at a yard sale on our way home from walking the dogs at the beach and found a jackpot of baby clothes. They were all spotless, name-brand, baby girl clothes from 0-18 months.... 5 trash bags
full!! The woman couldn't have been nicer, and in fact her daughter is a playmate of the little girl who lives across the street from us. She sold us the whole bunch for $75. I will eventually have to inventory all that we have acquired so that we know what we still need and don't need, but as of right now, it looks like preemie stuff is all we will need more of, in terms of clothes. On that same front, we made the plunge and registered at Babies-R-Us. That was an interesting experience. I have never seen Nathan so trigger happy with that scanner!! We had fun, although overwhelmed. The fact that we are having three of the same gender allows decision making about certain products much easier.
On my front, I am still feeling great. Definitely starting to grow and feel my own restrictions as to what I can and can't do. Still no movement from the girls, or at least that I can feel. They are always squiggling around on the ultrasounds, but I guess that it's average that you don't feel them until at least 20 weeks. Next week is the big 3 hour ultrasound. Hopefully they will behave and show the docs all they want to see.

Oh, I wanted to bring a little attention to my two friends who have recently given birth to their first children. Two healthy baby boys. Thank goodness someone is making boys out there!! I can't wait to meet them both.
Oh, I wanted to bring a little attention to my two friends who have recently given birth to their first children. Two healthy baby boys. Thank goodness someone is making boys out there!! I can't wait to meet them both.
**Eliza Wilmerding gave birth to Oliver Storm Herman Wilmerding on August 20th, 2009 at 4:38 pm. He was 7lbs 15oz and 21 inches long. Congrats to Eliza and Amanda!!!
**Ellen Whitman Stoddard gave birth to Aiden Biddle Stoddard on August 28th, 2009 at 11:45 pm. He was 7lbs 12oz and 21 inches long. Congrats Ellen and Ryan!!!
Here is the babycenter.com update. I will mention again that I'm not sure how accurate these are at this point. They say the girls are 8oz this week, but they were 8-9 oz last week (which I am thrilled about). Anyway, it's fun to read regardless. That's about it from here... Have a great day!!
How your baby's growing: Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

well now that nursery is very cute and looks perfect for 1 baby! Cyno's crib will arrive soon- and 2 should fit the bill
ReplyDeleteWay to go on the Yard Sale find! My kids wore very little in the way of new clothing -- just not worth it when you are changing outfits 2-3 times a day!
ReplyDeleteFYI, they schedule 3 hours but it doesn't take that long. Just bring a snack for sure or you'll die. A laying down while eating kind of snack like a granola bar. And don't buy much if any preemie size stuff. I used mine once or twice and then they were in newborn and seemingly 2 weeks later larger than that. Good luck!
ReplyDelete