Here we are, another week has gone by and my belly is expanding at an alarming rate! No huge news this week, other than I managed to get myself to the beauty salon and got my hair cut. Figured I better get that done before it got too late.
I think I'm starting to feel some movement in there, but nothing consistent. They say any day now. I feel my body is starting to enter a new dimension. I had my first introduction to swelling of the feet this weekend after spending the day in the car. I was so sad. I pressed my fingers into the top of my foot and the indentations stayed there. Boo hoo. Luckily, that is not a consistent thing yet and my ankles are behaving. The other unfortunate side effect is that in the last week or so, my hands have been going numb while I sleep. Usually the hand attached to the arm that I am lying on. I guess this is a sign of carpal tunnel and is pretty common with pregnancy. I got some good sleep positioning pointers from my nurse at MFM and went out and bought a 2" memory foam mattress topper. I slept like a baby last night! Poor Nathan, however, is slowing being pushed out of bed by all the pillows that I require. He's such a trooper.
Ok, so that's it from here. Below is the update. The girls are about a week ahead of schedule, as they were 3/4 pounders last week. Way to go Ladies!! Carrots this week! Oh, and the count down to 24 weeks continues... only 3 weeks to go until viability!
Oh! And some more baby news... Caroline and Will Harries welcomed Susannah Brooke Harries was born on September 12th at 1:51 am weighing in at 9 lbs 4 oz. Congrats to the new parents!!
Love, Nellie
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

I think I'm starting to feel some movement in there, but nothing consistent. They say any day now. I feel my body is starting to enter a new dimension. I had my first introduction to swelling of the feet this weekend after spending the day in the car. I was so sad. I pressed my fingers into the top of my foot and the indentations stayed there. Boo hoo. Luckily, that is not a consistent thing yet and my ankles are behaving. The other unfortunate side effect is that in the last week or so, my hands have been going numb while I sleep. Usually the hand attached to the arm that I am lying on. I guess this is a sign of carpal tunnel and is pretty common with pregnancy. I got some good sleep positioning pointers from my nurse at MFM and went out and bought a 2" memory foam mattress topper. I slept like a baby last night! Poor Nathan, however, is slowing being pushed out of bed by all the pillows that I require. He's such a trooper.
Ok, so that's it from here. Below is the update. The girls are about a week ahead of schedule, as they were 3/4 pounders last week. Way to go Ladies!! Carrots this week! Oh, and the count down to 24 weeks continues... only 3 weeks to go until viability!
Oh! And some more baby news... Caroline and Will Harries welcomed Susannah Brooke Harries was born on September 12th at 1:51 am weighing in at 9 lbs 4 oz. Congrats to the new parents!!
Love, Nellie
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment