The best news is that Baby B checked out nearly perfectly. I mean, the other two did as well, but Baby C was the one we were concerned about. There was still NO evidence of any thickening of her nuchal ligament, which is where the hygroma was located back at week 11. Her heart looked perfect, as did everything else about her scan. They even got a look at the pinky finger to be sure it had all three bones in it(I guess many kids with Down's Syndrome are missing the middle bone in that finger). She and her sisters all had normal pinkies. The only abnormality for Baby B was that she only has two umbilical blood vessels instead of three. I guess that is not a rare situation and really shouldn't cause any issues, but it's something we will watch going forward.
I had a nice chat with our doctor and he is very happy with how all three of the girls look and just as happy about how well I am doing. My weight is good, blood pressure is steady at 120/64, and my cervix is still fabulous at 5.5 cm. We had a long conversation about Baby B and what the plan with her would be. The fact that today's ultrasound was such a success pretty much rules out any of the major abnormalities that we were worried about. For that reason, we decided that it is not worth taking the risk of hurting any one of the girls in order to get the amniocentesis results.
I am pretty tired, so I have to sign off now. I'll check this out tomorrow and add anything I may have forgotten. Below are the new stats for the girls and some fresh photos! Baby A is the ham of the group and had the best profile shots and Baby C "gave us the hand" when we tried to get her profile. Hope everyone is well. Love to you all...
Baby A... HR 130, femur length 31.5 mm, weight is 12 oz.

Baby B... HR 146, femur length 34.1 mm, weight is 10 oz.

Baby C... HR 153, femur length 32.4 mm, weight is 12 oz.

**Amniotic fluid was normal for all three babies.
**Remember that these are approximate measurements.

wonderful news for all my girlie- so very happy!
ReplyDeleteWell done. Just believe and it will be ok. You're doing great, hang in there.
ReplyDeleteoh my- real shapes- how incredible xxoo
ReplyDeletemy how cute they are!
ReplyDeleteI will remember when.
ReplyDeletexo
H.