We had an ultrasound yesterday and everything is still looking great! The girls each gained 6 oz in the last two weeks. Their anatomy continues to look perfect. They are really moving around in there. It's pretty neat because the twins were both head down at my last ultrasound and this past Friday I felt a huge movement. I wondered if maybe one of the twins had flipped around...and indeed that is what happened. It's nice to feel so connected to them that I can tell what they are doing in there! So, now Baby A is on the left, head up; Baby B has shifted over to the right and is head down; and Baby C is still transverse, hanging out in the upper right quadrant of my uterus. I have some new pictures and stats t
o share too!
Baby A: Weighing in at 1lb 6oz, heart rate 146, femur length 4.3 cm. Her fluid levels were normal.
Baby B: Weighing in at 1lb 6oz, heart rate 153, femur length 4.2 cm. Her fluid levels were normal.
Baby C: Weighing in at 1 lb 5oz, heart rate 130, femur length 4.3 cm. Her fluid levels were normal.So, all of them are growing really well and are all pretty much the same exact size, which is great news. They fall within the 50% range in terms of averages for singletons. My doctors are really happy and say everything is going great. They do say, however that it is time for me to start slowing down.
As of now, I am scheduled to continue working full time for another two weeks. I am being really careful to be sure I sit whenever I can and not get myself overbooked. So far, it has been working pretty well. Nathan has really been so great. I can't imagine doing this without him. He is working double time at his job and at home in order to take all the burden off of me. I couldn't be a luckier girl to have such a wonderful husband. :)
Oh! And we had a very exciting lunch date with some very cute little boys this weekend. There is a couple who live in Portland who had triplet boys 10 months ago! They are absolutely wonderful people and they have three of the cutest little boys you have ever seen. We spent a few hours hanging out, meeting them and the boys, and getting the whole scoop on what we needed to get ready for. They are going to be such a nice resource and I can tell we will become good friends. We can only hope our girls will be as well behaved as these little gentlemen.
I think that might be it for now. Hope everyone is doing well! Below is the babycenter update.
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Way to go, Nellie! Here's some advice I got as a new mother but it appies to you now as well. "Don't stand if you can sit; don't sit if you can lie down; and don't stay awake if you can take a nap". In other words, get all the rest you can!
ReplyDeletelove, Ellen
Nathan & Nell,
ReplyDeleteYou look terrific and I love looking at those girl's profiles--beauties already as they dream of ????
Love,
H.
Oh wow they're getting big! Keep it up, looking forward to Skyping when you're home. - p
ReplyDelete