Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

26 Weeks!! Oops...a little late

Here we are, another week has flown by. We had some excitement with our trip to the hospital last week, but all has been calm since then. I have had some contractions(Braxton Hicks) here and there, but nothing with any regularity. Luckily, I got through my full day of work on Friday and now I am on 1/2 days at work. It is amazing what a difference it makes when I get to relax and lie down all morning and then just go into work from 2-6p. I am actually in a good mood at the end of the day! :) We had a nice weekend. I had to work in the morning on Saturday and then in the later afternoon we went to a lovely wedding of some new friends of ours. Unfortunately, the pregnant lady had to cut out early. We barely made it to the cake cutting ceremony before I had to call it quits. After last week, I am not taking any chances with overdoing it. As nice as all those nurses were, it's not fun to be in that hospital room so early. I would like to stay out of there for at least another 6 weeks! Of course, we have our lactation class tonight...but I guess I'll make an exception for that.

We had another ultrasound yesterday morning. Lucky for me, my mom came up here to join me. Thanks, Mom!! It was fun to show her the girls and to have her hear from my nurses and docs how well we were all doing. She accidentally took all the photos, so I will grab a few and post them here next week after I see her this weekend. The three of them are just movers and shakers. All three of them changed position on us. Baby A is now head down, Baby B is head up for the first time, and Baby C has straightened out and has her head over to the right, although she is still transverse across the top of my uterus. They all still look wonderful. We are just so blessed that all is going to smoothly at this point. Their stats are listed below. There is a new thing they do starting now which is the Fetal Wellbeing Assessment (FWA). It looks at four different elements: fetal tone, fetal movement, amniotic fluid levels and fetal breathing movements. They will do this, as well as the fetal growth at each scan from now on. After my next ultrasound in 2 weeks, we will go to weekly ultrasounds. At that point, I think they stop measuring my cervix because they figure it's bound to change at some point. If I do say so myself, my cervix has been a champ throughout this whole thing! Everybody says so. hahaha. Anyway, enough about my cervix, here are the babies!!

Baby A... Heart rate 146, Femur Length 49.7, FWA 8/8, weighing in at 1lb 13oz
Baby B... Heart rate 134, Femur Length 47.5, FWA 8/8, weighing in at 1 lb 13oz
Baby C... Heart rate 148, Femur Length 49.3, FWA 8/8, weighing in at 1 lb 14oz

All the amniotic fluid levels are great, the cords all look good, no sign of twin-twin transfusion syndrome, placentas are healthy looking, and cervix is 4.5 cm. What more could we ask for?!?!

Here is the babycenter update... and some new pictures of me. Nathan really wanted me to post the bare belly ones. So, with a little hesitation...

How your baby's growing: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

1 comment:

  1. goodness me your belly looks ever so huge- and you look glowing and beautiful-

    ReplyDelete