Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

25 Weeks and counting....

So, here we are at 25 weeks. Once again I am amazed at how fast each week goes by. If we follow the rule of averages, we will be giving birth to these girls in 7 weeks! HOLY MOLY!! Obviously, we hope it goes a little further, but it's pretty crazy to think of how close we are to meeting these fine young ladies. Our next ultrasound is a week from today. Later this week we have our lactation class(oops, I realized that it's actually next week). That should be interesting. It's not a multiples lactation class but I will learn the basics for sure... and maybe they will even have some pointers on how to grow a third breast. :)

Big news this week is that I had my first baby shower this past weekend! It was so much fun to see all you ladies. Thank you to everyone for making the effort to come from all distances as well as for all your wonderful gifts. We are so greatful to have such nice friends/family. A special thanks to Kim for all her hard work in putting it all together. It's so fun to look through all this adorable baby stuff. And Merrill (the cat) is a big fan of the tissue paper. As Nathan so cutely said to me the other night... "I just want them to come out, so we can start interacting with them".

Thank goodness, this is the last week of full time work for me. I can't wait to go down to 1/2 days. These full days are long and I don't want to do anything to chance having to go on bedrest. I think that's about it from here. The babycenter update is below and some new pics. Thanks Erin/Cassie for the hand me down maternity clothes! I am sporting my new shirt today! :)

How your baby's growing: Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

Love to all of you!

Nellie

No comments:

Post a Comment