Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

27 Weeks!!!

Here we are again, one week further down the road. Only one more week until our next big milestone!!! No pictures this week, but I think that it's more impressive when you only see me every two weeks anyway. :) No big updates on me or the babies this week. I did have a wonderful shower this weekend put on by Mom and Nancy. Thank you so much to everyone who traveled from near and far to take part in such a special afternoon. I have such an amazing group of women in my life who have been so supportive through all of this. I can't wait for my girls to meet all of you!!

Below is the babycenter update. I promise to be better with pictures and more info next week.

Love to you all!!

Nellie

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I saw your blog on Baby Center. I am also pregnant with Triplets, am 26 weeks and on bed rest. My cervix was shortening a bit so it is horizontal for me. It is great to read about someone very close in weeks to me. I have a 21 month old daughter and so life is a bit hard with me on bed rest, basically, my husband is a very busy guy.

    It is great that you aren't on bed rest yet. I was working full time until 23 weeks, then had to go to the couch. Good luck keeping those babies inside!

    ReplyDelete