Sorry this is a little late, but it takes a while for me to get organized to get the scans in and the results all set. We were really excited about this weeks scan. We were hoping that the girls

would get to 2.5 pounds a piece but we thought we might be a little over ambitious with that. Well, our girls are growers that's for sure! They all gained at least a 1/2 pound, and our little munchkin with the two vessel cord(who normally would be the one who gains the least), gained 11 oz! They are all three above the 50th% for singleton growth, which is actually up from two weeks ago. We couldn't have asked for a better scan. Here are the official results...
Baby A: Heart rate 135, Femur Length 52.1 mm, Fetal Wellbeing Assessment 8/8, weighing in at 2 lbs 7 oz (50th%)
Baby B: Heart rate 128, Femur Length 50.6 mm, FWA 8/8, weighing in at 2 lbs 10 oz (58th%)
Baby C: Heart rate 149, Femur Length 53.2 mm, FWA 8/8, weighing in at 2 lbs 8 oz (52nd%)
All the girls have great amniotic fluid levels, anatomy is normal, umbilical cord pressures are all normal with no sign of Twin-Twin Syndrome. And I'm sure you're all hanging on the edge of your seats... but my cervix is still looking fabulous. It's measuring 4.2 cm. Sadly, this will be the last time that they will look at my cervix. I don't know why, but it's just really comforting to know that the babies have been so well protected from the outside world by my long cervix. However, like the doctors said, eventually it will begin to shorten and we have to accept that.
On another note, the rest of my body is starting to rebel a little bit. I noticed in the last week that my hands have been getting a little stiff from some swelling and my feet are going down the same road. My feet were always the only part of my body that was skinny and now I have chubby feet!! At the end of the day, the cankles are out in full force. Oh, and don't forget the stretch marks that have started on my lower abdomen. ugh! I am entering the unattractive stage of pregnancy. Along with that, my blood pressure was up a little bit. I have normally been under 120/70 and this week I was 140/80. That's still nice and manageable and they are not too concerned, but they want to keep a close eye on it. I have no other signs of hypertension, like headaches, protein in urine, etc. They also think that it's time for me to stop working. That's been hard to take, as we were hoping that I would at least be able to work through November. However, whatever the doctors say, I will do. The plan is to work this week and next week and then be done. Looks like it's time to finally get our wedding album done! :)
Anyway, that's the update for this week. I am now on weekly ultrasounds and doctor visits, so there will be many more updates to come.
Also, I wanted to say a special thanks to Patti, Nathan's mom. She came up here for a few days this week and made some BEAUTIFUL curtains for the girls' room. Once we get the curtain rods set up, I will take a picture so you all can see. Thanks, Patti!
Until next time...
Nellie

Such terrific news! I told you the babies would be too big at birth for the teeny preemie hats I made. They can use them for their dolls.
ReplyDeleteSounds like they're going to be good and strong like their mama!
ReplyDelete