Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A little side note...

Back in May of this year, my dear husband gathered some buddies and decided to give our pink tiled and Formica counter topped kitchen an overhaul. He chose a weekend when I was not home and made it a total surprise. We got new butcher-block counter tops, a gorgeous farmers sink, a new fancy drawer-style dishwasher and repainted cabinets. I came home to find this surprise and was SO excited! It was gorgeous. The only thing missing was the back splash. We picked out some beautiful tile online and then waited for the perfect time to install it... and waited...and waited. :) With these three little ladies on the way, we knew we couldn't put it off any longer! Well, we made a deal with Shiloh, our neighbor down the street, and he came and put in the tile. It's finally done!! And it's so gorgeous!! Thank you to my honey for my new kitchen.

PS- you can enlarge the photos if you click on them.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that looks amazing. Nice work! A'yen is in charge of our backsplash after I replaced the counter with a friend at midnight. Also a bit of a wait...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! Kind of a coincidence...I have been postponing my backsplash for 2+ years and I finally did it last weekend too!

    ReplyDelete