Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

29 Weeks!

Here we are at 29 weeks... one week closer to baby time!! Had a pretty good week overall. I am definitely getting tired more easily these days. Thank goodness tomorrow is my last day of work! We did have another quick trip to the hospital on Sunday night. Same sort of thing that happened last month... contractions coming pretty regularly and often enough to warrant having me checked out. Luckily, everything was just fine. They monitored me for about two hours, ran some tests and then sent me home. My doctors always stress to me that it's better to come in and get sent home than to stay at home when trouble might be brewing.

My ultrasound this morning, confirmed that everything and everyone is still doing great. Unfortunately, no growth updates, as they only do those every two weeks. All three have great heart rates, fluid levels, and cord pressures, and they all got 8/8 on their Fetal Wellbeing Assessments. My doctors continue to be very happy. My blood pressure has leveled off at 130/70 and the swelling in my hands and feet haven't gotten any worse in the last week. They really only flare-up when I have been on my feet too long. I will say that my right hand has a pretty constant tingly feeling. This is likely carpal tunnel from the swelling pressing on the nerves in my wrist. My doctor said he would give me a PT referral. I think I will start with trying to find some wrist braces at CVS and if that doesn't help, I will go see the PT people. It's really pretty mild these days.

Anyway, that's it from here. We will get growth results next week so that will be exciting. I'll be home a LOT starting Thursday, so feel free to stay in touch! :)

Here is the babycenter update and some pics...

Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.

No comments:

Post a Comment