Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

28 Weeks!

We made it to our next milestone! Yippee!! I have read on some websites that triplets making it to 28 weeks have between 90-98% chance at survival. Sounds good to me!! No major updates from the last week. I will say that I have learned how to control these contractions a little better. I had a few more than usual the other morning. Just so they could see, I went into my perinatologists office to be monitored for an hour or so. Of course, I didn't have one contraction while I was there. Oh well. I did have a nice conversation with my doctor that told me not to worry, that the contractions were normal, that I was doing amazingly well and that he fully expected that I would go 36 weeks. That was really nice to hear.

We have an ultrasound this morning. Can't wait to see how those little munchkins are growing. Nathan's mom, Patti, is here and will get to come and check it out for the first time. After today, we go to weekly ultrasounds. It's nice to be able to watch the girls grow throughout this pregnancy. It's very comforting to be able to see how well they doing and I am happy that we get to see it every week now! I have been told that this is the last week they will look at my cervix length. That scared me a little bit because I didn't understand why they didn't care about it anymore. It has always been very comforting that my cervix has stayed so strong with all this extra weight on it. The doctors claim that at this point, my cervix probably will begin to shorten which is normal and they only need to look if we have issues. I just have to trust them, as they have done amazing with this whole process and they know what they are doing.

Anyway, here is the babycenter.com update and some new pics of the buddah belly. The girls were feeling shy this morning, so I kept them covered. Lots of love to everyone! I will post our ultrasound results later this morning or tonight. We are hoping that the girls are 2.5 pounds a piece! Nathan has been great about making my baby growing protein shakes every day!!
How your baby's growing: By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nellie,

    Don't worry about your cervix too much, not everyones shortens and you have done so well!! The only thing I would say is if you feel more pressure down low to let them know thats how they found my short cervix! Happy 28 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete